Make the 4 Little Bears' books the color of your skin and let your artistic abilities begin! YOUR color is beautiful no matter who you are. The 4 Little Bears' skin was purposely left blank so you and your child could fill in your skin color with colored pencils!
Our Lil' Ni-Night Treasure© book collection was written to help make BEDTIME special. Our 12 Stories give your child a variety of stories that span the seasons and helps create meaningful reflections of some of YOUR favorite memories!
Book 3-Little Kitty, our featured title this month, takes me back to the time my children were small and on occasion became sick. One of their favorite things they enjoyed going to bed with that brought them comfort was a warmed rice sock. I had a neck wrap that they all loved to take turns using that I warmed up in the microwave. Being that I had four children, I improvised and filled tube socks with rice and a few drops of lavender oil and tied a knot at the sock's end! Nothing like a good night's rest for all. They loved sleeping with them, especially when they didn't feel well.
It's vital to be attentive to your children, especially when they aren't feeling well. There is nothing more precious to a child than when their parents care for their needs while their sick or hurting. In doing so, you are showing them how much you love them. Children long to be coddled and shown special attention when they are sick. I believe this brings about greater comfort and healing... securing your love for them.
Our recipe for "WARM FUZZIES"© are simple shapes stuffed with uncooked rice and a few drops of lavender oil- if preferred. Toss them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy warm, soothing comfort and rest!
*Please view the photo gallery at the bottom for pics from start to finish!
4. Uncooked Rice: I used close to 3 cups per shape. I bought a five-
pound bag for around $5 and had a 1/3 of the bag leftover!
1. Draw out your bear, moon, and star shapes on copy paper. I used a
separate piece of paper for the bear, moon, and large star.
- Bear Dimensions: 9 1/2" tall x 8" wide
- Moon Dimensions: 9 1/2 " tall x 8" wide
- Big Star Dimensions: 10" tall x 8.5 " wide
- Baby Star Dimensions: 7" tall x 7" wide
2. Double the material you are using so when you cut your shapes out, you have both pieces the exact size. (When I cut out my patterns, I left an extra 1/2 inch of material all the way around the shape to do my stitching on to preserve the size of my shape.)
3. Pin your pattern on the material with your straight pins.
4. Hand-stitch your eyes and noses on your shapes with your embroidery floss with the gold floss for the stars and the off-white floss for the bear. (Make sure you stitch them on the soft side of the material!)
5. Place both pattern pieces with the outside of the material facing each other and pin them 1/2 inch in, from the outside edge, with your straight pins.
6. Now use your tan embroidery thread to make small stitches 1/4 of an inch in from the edge, all the way around the perimeter of your shape. (* Remember to leave a good portion of the border unstitched so you can fill your rice inside- once you turn your sewn pattern inside out!!!) I left my unstitched portion around the bottom side of my shape, so the hand-stitching wasn't as noticeable!)
7. After 3/4 around your shape is stitched, gently turn your shape right- side out. Now it's time to fill with rice!
8. Measure 3 cups of rice in a bowl and drop 3-4 mall drops of French Lavender Essential oil on the rice and stir thoroughly with a spoon. Place your funnel in the opening and pour rice through a funnel into your shape or spoon inside.
9. Tuck your extra material carefully inside, so the shape looks the way you want it, and sew the unstitched portion together that was left unstitched.
WARNINGS!!! These are handmade toys, and depending on how well you sew them, it will determine how safe they are for your children!!! If you have a sewing machine, they will be all the more durable and safe! Also, microwaves vary in temperature and time. Start off with just a few seconds, so they don't get too HOT!!!!! I remember I had to move the rice around a bit to get an even temperature. NEVER let your child heat these up on their own!!!
Family * Friends * True Love
Copyright © 2021 4 Little Bears - All Rights Reserved.